Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour

Top to bottom - Blue Iris; Pink Blink; Latte To Go

Stop the presses! Rimmel (in my opinion, one of the most innovative drugstore brands) just released some gorgeous new goodies, and they are now living in my bag - because they are AMAZING - mostly

So, before you run out of the house with your cash or card in hand, ready to hand it all over to the lovely person behind the counter, have a read of my review, and makeup your mind for yourself. Firstly, matte lipsticks are still huge, and deeply popular, so it's no surprise that Rimmel, a global mainstream brand with wide reaches, has now created these matte liquid lippies.

Top to bottom - Blue Iris; Pink Blink; Latte To Go

Not only that, but Rimmel has done something clever and interesting within the range again, and they have included several less common shades that are found in drugstore brands, like black, blue and grey. There is a total of 15 colours in the range. These come in a clear, frosted plastic tube with a black screw cap that contains a doe foot applicator.

I like that they apply easily, and that they also dry down completely. They also have a mild scent of powdered vanilla (that's what it smells like to me), and the colour is quite opaque and you get excellent coverage, even with the light shades. However, I find these to be quite drying, which, while not uncommon with matte lipsticks, is something that I would love to change about them. This can be combated to some extent with a lip balm, at least, and the colour payoff makes it that much more worth it!

Top to bottom - Blue Iris; Pink Blink; Latte To Go

Of all the shades I received, Pink Blink has to be the best MLBB (My Lip But Better) shade, being a bit of a dusty rose, and the Blue Iris is beautifully striking and unexpected. I do think that they perform magnificently, and the staying power is really excellent, even if they do dry the lips out somewhat. With so many colours in the range, I really want to see what other shades would suit me! These retail for $14.95 each, and can be purchased where Rimmel is available, such as Priceline and Target.

Have you tried this range yet? Are you a glossy or a matte girl?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts