Review: QV Ultra Calming Moisturiser


QV is one of my favourite Aussie skincare brands, and I don't feel like I talk about it enough these days, so I'm really glad that I was sent their Ultra Calming Moisturiser! Let's just have a quick chat and refresher about QV in the first instance.
QV is an unpretentious Victorian brand that was developed in 1975, under the Ego Pharmaceuticals umbrella, which was originally started in 1953. Free of soap, fragrance or other common skin irritants, QV is a brand that that is gentle, and encourages the skin to repair itself.

Their latest release, the Ultra Calming Moisturiser is a daily lotion that provides 24 hour hydration,. This contains Avemide 15, which is an oat kernel extract, and it's meant to reduce discomfort and calm and soothe the skin. This relatively light lotion comes in a tube with a screw cap, which can be a little tricky to maneuver when I have moisturiser in my hand, but on the up side, that it doesn't have a flip lid means that it won't snap off. 


The packaging fits in with the rest of the range - white background with blue lettering, and their symbol at the top. The lotion itself comes out white, feels somewhat light, but is surprisingly rich. While it leaves my skin looking like the moisturiser isn't sinking in at first, all streaky and white, this sinks in over a few minutes, and not a trace of it can be seen. I've been using this as my night cream, and I love that my skin feels almost the same that evening as it does about 10 or so hours later. I haven't seen my one little patch of eczema cropping up for a while, even with work stress and the cold dry weather - bonus!

This lovely little tube retails for $17.95 and you can get it on these online stockists, or instore at places like Priceline and Chemist Warehouse. 

What moisturiser are you loving right now?

* This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts