Review: Bourjois Palette Les Nudes and Brow Duo Sculpt


Bourjois is one of those amazing brands in Priceline that I often feel should have a far bigger stand than they do. They make one of my favourite blushes (which also smells divine, FYI), and one of my top three liquid eyeliners also happen to come from them. Not to mention, those velvet liquid lipsticks are a must have in my kit. Therefore, when I say I love Bourjois, I mean that I adore Bourjois!

After all, how could you not when they make affordable and gorgeous cosmetics that give one a slightly French twist?


I was recently given the chance to try out their new Palette Les Nudes, is as gorgeous on the inside as it is on the outside. This is a set of 8 shimmer shades that come housed in a white case with a mirror that swivels 360 degrees - seriously, I couldn't stop spinning that mirror around when I first opened it! What I haven't shown you is the lid - this has a drawing of a pretty girl with red lipstick on, and it looks incredibly Parisian.

It is a surprising mix of white at the start, going to green, purple, a very sparkly pink, before segueing into gold and a range of bronze and brown shades. I've certainly gotten more use out of the right hand side than the left, but I do love the white, strangely enough, to make my eyes look a little wider, and me subsequently more awake - faking that up and at them face!

The shades are relatively pigmented and they go on smoothly. I use eyeshadow primer beneath it, and I find the shadows to stay on for a full day at work. The only thing I would change about this palette is that I would love to see a mix of matte and shimmers, so that I could create more versatile looks with it. Otherwise, this is a stunning kit, and I would love to see more sets like this one from Bourjois! This retails for $28.


The Brow Duo Sculpt comes in a small range of shades, and Brown is the one I received. This is a 2 in 1 pencil that allows you to sculpt and shape the brows using one end, and highlighting just under the arch using the other. I like that the brow pencil isn't too soft, and that you can layer over the brows to make them darker and more dramatic, or go light and have natural looking brows. I would prefer a slightly matte or yellow toned highlighter for everyday wear, as this is quite noticeable, but this is certainly very pretty! This retails for $20.

I've been reaching for the brow pencil regularly, and really quite keen on it! Two very pretty new releases, which is what I tend to expect from Bourjois! If you're going by a Priceline, make sure you pop in to check them out!

What's your favourite product from Bourjois? What would you love to try?

* These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. I love this palette so much and the 360 mirror is so handy! But I agree some matte shades would have been ideal :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palette is so cute!! And a 360 mirror?! So handy! Glad to hear that they last well, but I agree, palettes are way more versatile when there are matte shades as well!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely be checking out this palette when I'm in Priceline next (probably during the 40% off cosmetics sale tomorrow or Thursday, who am I kidding lol). The rouge edition velvets are the best!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I've fallen in love with the palette Leah - such pretty pastels, ooh la la! Believe it or not I have zero Bourjois products in my kit - what is wrong with me? Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts